February 13, 2012

Unposted writing from two... three? Summers ago

So today... Was a really good day, the sun was shining, I got my unemployment check, second to last one. I spoke with my future boss, all the pieces are finally coming together. I start work soon, and although I do not know where I will be living as of July's end. I know the Lord will work something out, He's teaching me to be patient and trust fully in Him. It's NOT EASY, but I am at peace.




I think it's important to start off by saying that my folks and I are getting along. Aside from the minor run ins with the law which were, if you ask my attorney, completely ridiculous charges and we're working hard to get them dropped. We all knew that when I moved back in here that it was only going to be temporary. Originally I was just going to stay until my back healed. The time just flew by and the jobs weren't coming. I had temp jobs here and there doing random things. My parents and i agreed that I should be moved out at least by the end of the summer, after some negotiations and a bit of planning we ended up setting the date to the end of July.


Thank God my back is finally healed. That in consideration I was desperately looking for work. I got a lead about a man named James Bond (yes that's his real name) owned a cattle ranch in New Mexico, and that come summer he would need a ranch-hand, I had experience so I jumped at the opportunity to go on such a great adventure, and It was WORK! I had been searching for nearly 6 months, scrimping by on the unemployment checks that I used mostly to pay old court fees, bills and creditors.

I rested easy for the next couple months waiting for my chance to drive down to NM and start my exciting new life as a ranch hand. Well that job fell through, so I found out end of March that it was going to fall through. So I had to change my plans. A month ago, I was talking to my cousin Amber, who lives in Grand Junction, CO. My uncle also lives there, and I set it up that I would drive down there and work for my uncle and stay with my cousin until I could find better living arrangements. The plan was going to work out perfectly. Unemployment runs out in two weeks, I would have been down there by this week, starting to work, so that I would have a fat paycheck coming to me by the time unemployment ran out. This was I could eliminate any gaps in the cash-flow.


Fast-forward to June 16 or somewhere near that time, I go to court for the ridiculous 'possession of a deadly weapon' charge that I got in fife (long story, I'm sure it's posted somewhere, I'll find a link). The prosecuting attorney is trying to give me a year in jail and a $5000 fine for this stupid charge. To make the story even shorter, I can't leave the state until this matter is cleared up, which the way things are looking is going to be another 2 months at least. Then once it's all over I'm not even sure I won't be in jail even if it's just a small amount of time, a month would screw me. 



I know most of you have never gone to jail. I will tell you this, when you think you might go to jail, it's really really hard to plan anything, because you know that either by going to jail, or while you are in jail you are going to lose everything you've worked and planned for.


Boss:"Why did you miss the first week of work Garrett?" 
Me: " I was in jail"
Boss: "leave now"


So that's fallen through obviously, the going to Colorado, which means I'll be stuck here with no job while my unemployment runs out and I have a move out date in 10 days and no place to move to. I prayed and prayed and asked God what the hell was going on and what I was supposed to do?


That was 2 weeks ago. My folks were getting a little overwhelmed with all the kids in the house, since school got out and Austin was having people over all the time. My folks RARELY get a night alone, especially not alone at their own house. Austin went to camp, for a week, and so I volunteered to go camping so the parents could have the house to themselves. I don't blame them, they've both been working their asses off lately, and aside from doing most of the housework and landscaping, I sit around alot. 


So I'm camping where I often do, in the parking lot of the office building that my dad rents his office from. It's very rustic and woodsy, and it's set back in the forest sort of, it's a really nice spot, I have a covered trailer that I use to sleep in. It's basically a box with wheels that you can lock from the inside, I sleep on the floor since there is nothing  inside of this place it's just a trailer for hauling stuff. It keeps me dry however. 


I also took the puppies with me so as to give my parents the ultimate relaxation experience. This was an interesting experience all in itself. 


Back to my story, there's a very old white haired white mustache, dentures man who also rents space in this office building. One day He was looking out his window watching me play fetch with the puppies. He stuck his head out  the window and we started a conversation about the dogs. He mentioned that his wife thought they were adorable when she had seen them earlier in the week. From what I could see from the parking lot his office looked cool, there were little tools and boxes of small parts and stuff, I figured that he made or repaired small engines or perhaps watches. I asked him out of curiosity what he did up there. He told me that he repaired hand pieces for dental offices. Drills, the other spinny flouride putter onner thing. Anyhow, I told him that sounded really cool, and it does. I love trouble shooting and fixing things, using my hands. Hell it's what I'm going to start school for, bio-med equipment repair technician! So this is all so cool.


He told me to bring the dogs up to his office and he'd give me a closer look and show me how it was all done. I went up to his office and I immediately got excited there was little tools, oscilloscopes, little parts of every kind. He showed me how to fix a drill that they use to drill out decayed tooth matter. I took to it so easily.


Doug, his name, offered me a job, paying $2 more than what I had asked for. I start training tomorrow hopefully, it's been tough trying to get in. He has to train me, because it's just him and I when I start working, he's a private firm so it's a low employee, he just hired a salesman so it's doug, the sales guy and me. I'm so excited.


God just dropped this into my lap and I believe it was because of prayer. A couple weeks 

No comments: