June 12, 2012

Neverending Story


-Job
-Ah Carol, Car, Helen

I get off work at a job that we did in seattle, took us 45min, so not worth the drive from kent. I'm on my way home when my back tire blows, terrific, after driving around to find that all the tire shops have closed for the night, I buy a couple cans of fix-a-flat and start back home. Traffic stop, for no seatbelt... which is kind of funny since the truck no longer has seatbelts. Come to find out, my license is suspended, because of a stupid parking ticket I hadn't paid from PIMA. Seriously I was thinking to myself. I had just gotten my job the week prior, had been working my ass off, had managed to save some money, even though while I was at work someone broke into my truck and took a bunch of my amazon shipments, and the previous weeks pay. I had to brush it off, still working, with the promise of a raise and promotion. The officer let me not go to jail, left truck on side of I5 near northgate and had to be picked up. Took the bus to seattle one day, and alderwood another day for work. From kent. I was actually on my way home from carol's house, after being there for a few days, to put in some hours, and help helen with her yard sale and move, when I got pulled over.

So I went back to carol's house. I'm feeling like the world is crashing in on me, have to pay for new title and tabs etc for the car. Then out of the blue, the biggest amazon sale I had made, for $400+ demands a refund, and says he's all uptight and will give me negative feedback blah blah.. I go to bed, no license, thinking I'm gonna have to come up with $600 for my license, or wait two months (yea right), pay this amazon guy back, for no good reason, I'm working, yes, however the last two moves, were short enough that they barely covered gas. Short enough as in, Garrett busted ass so well that we got done in half the time, half the time means half the hours half the pay. durp. it's a catch 22 for me, but boss cashes in.

wow, when I start writing all this out it just seems like so much things happening.

I wake up the next morning, the sun is shining, garbage day, katie comes running into where the fireplace is and the couch where I had been sleeping, and knocks my ancient laptop over which instantly breaks the screen, like giant crack can't see anything on the screen breaks it.... I'm in the middle of a fairly big amazon funds dispute with this guy and my only connection to my money maker has just been broken.

Ok, there's good stuff here too. My truck is parked on i5 at lake city way exit. Which is an immediate tow away zone, I had called staci and asked her to come pick it up and take it to monroe. She did, as I knew she would. She is such a good friend. I gather the money with a little help, to get my license back, which solved the problem of how I was going to get two cars driven up to monroe with only one me. Carol felt so bad about breaking my computer that she went out and we bought one (I have to pay her back of course), I've been wanting/needing a new laptop for ages. So new laptop, new car (new is relative), new license, I just got a call yesterday about a full time janitorial job, I got to talking to the guy, and he said that after looking at all my skills, and talking to me briefly he might want me for a different job that wouldn't involve wasting my talents alone mopping floors. I'm still working for the movers, however I've got no work this week, not acceptable.

So last friday, ha ha, I have the caddy at the house, it needs new belts and a new taillight. I fill up the truck with gas so I'm ready for work on Sat and Sunday.... I wake up early on sat to head out to work, and the tire has gone flat again. Like not gonna fix it this time flat... I hopped in the caddy, and luckily found a half a gas can, and $5 in my pocket so I got to work and got paid.

No comments: