June 22, 2010

I quit smoking

Officially today, as of like... let's say midnight, I became a person who used to smoke! I've been toying with the idea for a long time. I've even quit cold turkey a few times recently and lasted a few days to a week.

Couple weeks ago I downloaded a 4 cd, quit smoking um... how would you say. It's part hypnotherapy combined with facts and other strategies to help you quit smoking, and not have to deal heavily with the mental withdrawls. I started listening last week. Everyday. Every night. I did the exercises, some involved imagining really smelly things, or gross things and associating that with cigarettes... I don't need to get into the details.

I quit tonight though. I've been smoking off and on since I was 13, and at 25, I don't like it, I fucking hate it and I don't want it to be part of my life anymore! It's not! It's not as scary to type definitive things like that anymore, it's almost comforting. So hurray, go me.

God is hugely involved in this process.

No comments: